Here are some dos and don'ts to help everyone enjoy our trails safely.
Follow Leave No Trace Principles:
- Plan Ahead and Prepare.
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces.
- Dispose of Waste Properly.
- Leave What You Find.
- Minimize Campfire Impacts.
- Respect Wildlife.
- Be Considerate of Other Visitors.
Also follow these guidelines:
- Know and obey trail rules and signs
- Stay on the trail, keep to the right
- Slow down at corners and crossings
- Move to the side to let others pass
- Yield to horseback riders, step off the trail and be calm
- Avoid cross-country ski and snowshoe tracks
- Give way to those going up hill
- Stop at road crossings, then proceed
- On shared‑use trails: expect all kinds users
© Copyright 2023 Hike Nova Scotia, All Rights Reserved |
Promoting Hiking, Walking and Snowshoeing throughout Nova Scotia.