International Trails Day
Join Hike Nova Scotia in celebrating International Trails Day on June 3!
Hike Nova Scotia is pleased to announce the support of the Province of Nova Scotia in officially proclaiming Saturday, June 3, 2023 as International Trails Day!
"International Trails Day, held on the first Saturday in June recognizes all the incredible benefits that federal, provincial, and local trails provide for recreation and exposure to nature by celebrating trails, promoting their uses, and recognizing their role in physical activity and building healthy lifestyles.”
Click on the proclamation document above to view it in full.
We thank the many volunteers, landowners, trail developers, walking and hiking enthusiasts and groups for their help in developing, maintaining and promoting the many beautiful trails throughout Nova Scotia.
What Can You Do?
Groups and Organizations
- Go for a hike on International Trails Day
- Volunteer with your local community trail group
- Donate to your local community trail group
- Tell your hiking story on social media, tag Hike NS and qualify to win a free Hike NS t-shirt
- Host a trail event on International Trails Day
- Invite people in your community on a guided hike
- If your group manages a trail, hold a volunteer trail maintenance day
- Post your event on social media and tag Hike Nova Scotia
Tag Hike Nova Scotia on social media
Find a Trail on AllTrails
(click the logo)
Remember when on the trails to respect #LeaveNoTrace