Join the Hike NS team! Our current job postings are as follows:
Position: Project Officer
This job posting is now closed (we are no longer taking applications)
ABOUT HIKE NS
Hike Nova Scotia is a nonprofit organization that encourages and promotes a growing hiking culture throughout our great province. We strive to be the voice for those who hike, walk and snowshoe. With every step we’re building a community of outdoor adventure enthusiasts.
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
The work of the Project Officer mainly focuses on supporting the work of Hike NS and its various projects. The successful candidate has a passion for walking, hiking and the outdoors in general; enjoys a collaborative work environment; and excels at self-directed work, but also shines in team settings. Hike NS is a dynamic and growing organization. We would love to have a Project Officer help us grow the organization even further with their fresh ideas and skills in communications and project implementation. The Project Officer will be required to work remotely from their own home office and will take direction from and report to the Executive Director. The Project Officer will assist with:
- Planning, coordination and promotion of the Fall Guided Walk Series
- Planning and coordination of outdoor courses and supporting instructors
- Administration of the Hiker Challenge program
- Planning and implementation of the Hiking Summit
- Implementation of the NS Walks program
- Hike NS general administration, such as membership management
SKILL / QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have skills in communications and project implementation. This job is part of the Canadian Parks and Recreation Association’s Youth Employment Experience program. Therefore, applicants must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive);
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or protected persons as defined by the Refugee Protection Act;
- Individuals legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Individuals legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial jurisdiction’s legislation and regulations;
- Individuals who self-identify as: youth living in rural or remote locations, Indigenous youth, LGBTQ2+ youth, visible minorities (youth), youth with disabilities, youth who are new Canadians, language minorities, etc.
Additional requirements include:
- Must live in Nova Scotia
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Able to work remotely from own home office (require own basic remote office equipment and technology)
- Some in-person meetings and events required
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Full-time (35 hours/week) for 15 weeks at $17.50/hr (starting in late August 2022)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this job, email
your cover letter and resume. Be sure to include the job title in the subject line of your email.
June 26, 2022
We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted during or before the first week in July, 2022.
Hike Nova Scotia is committed to equity and respect for all peoples and persons in all of our work. Diverse candidates and qualifications are welcomed.